Soft & Chewy Sweto Cookies
I love a good cookie, something that is a little bit crispy around the edges but overall soft and chewy, that can be hard to find in the keto world as most flours are to dense.
I tried my hardest to find something that tasted similar to regular cookies and I think I got pretty close with this baby.
Now I use a food processor for almost all of my recipes, this is because it chops the flours and sugars nice and fine like regular flours which creates a more regular cookie texture with the final product.
I havent tried this recipe without using a food processor but I imagine it would still work it just might not be the same texture mine are.
Alright now we got that out of the way lets get down to business!
1 1/2 Cups Ground Almonds
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1/3 Cup Erythritol
1 Tbsp Arrowroot Flour
2 Tbsp Gelatin
150g Butter (softened)
Your Choice of Low carb Chocolate
I use a whole block of either Little Zebra Dark Hemp Delight or Vitawerx Protein Chocolate
(Keeping in mind the chocolates do affect the carb count)
1. Blitz all the dry ingredients (minus the chocolate) in a food processor for 1 minute or until finely ground
2. Add softened butter and eggs Blitz until combined and forms a dough.
3. Add your choice of low carb chocolate you can either pre chop or just through into the dough and blitz in short bursts until combined.
4. Scoop about 1tbps mixture onto a baking tray and press down
5. Bake at 180° for 12 minutes or until the edges brown.
For a chewy Cookie let cool completely before eating
Makes About 24 Cookies with a carb count of 2.2g Net carbs per cookie